Saturday, October 24, 2009

10 years of Bliss

Yesterday was our TEN year wedding anniversary and my hubby out did himself. Even though he knows how much I dislike surprises, he carried on and pulled off an amazing evening. Every 5 years we vowed to renew our vowels. Our first 5 we did in New Orleans and our 10th was going to be Greece. Due to our wonderful situation, Baby Hadj II, we were left with no adventurous renewal. Straty though took us through some customs of a German wedding. SHHHH, but he planted a tree in the park, which Germans due when having their first daughter. When she marries, they cut the tree down, sell the wood for her wedding. The our guests broke old china in the fireplace and we (mainly Straty) cleaned up the broke items as a symbol of good luck and never having anything broken in our home again. Oh and the Germans also believed pre-wedding was to create a wedding newspaper by friends and family of the bride and groom. They'd sell the paper at the wedding reception to pay for the expenses of the honeymoon. I thought was really cool to see all the photos and stories, but also realizing I created the same thing, more of a pre-wedding update newsletter when we were actually getting married. It was also custom to have a flower girl, but no bridesmaids, which was perfect role for Amelia. She was soooo cute and surprised us with little things she did throughout the night. The funniest thing, which I thought would put me into labor, was seeing Bill at the end of the isle standing there ready to remarry us. I just about died or tinkled! Although I was shy, yes shy, don't like to have attention, I like to be behind the scenes, it was wonderful to have such an amazing support system and to fell how much love surrounded us. Also to feel the most incredible love of all, the love from my husband. Not only did he put together a really cool newspaper, organize the German traditions, he also made an oh so YUMMY dinner! He's my jack of all trades. Thank you babe for a wonderful evening! I love you completely and forever. There's no-one else in life I'd rather be with! It's corny, but true, you complete me. You've been my rock, even when I thought you couldn't possibly understand. You've been my cheerleader, when I thought I was doomed to fail. You've been my team player in life the past 10 plus years and life itself would not have been as fun, as crazy, as intense, as loving if it wasn't for you. I love you!!!!!

0 comments: