Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A year ago today...

I was making lists, cleaning the house and going into panic mode! I'll never forget laying in bed begging Straty to call the doctor and cancel the appointment. I couldn't go through with having Amelia. My first thoughts were, this world isn't safe enough. Then I wasn't sure I could go through the labor! Imagining birth and the process and the anxiety of popping my water just didn't sound fun any more. Straty swore I had planned the scheduled delivery with me being an event planner. I didn't though!!!

Our little girl is going to be ONE tomorrow! What an amazing year. Forgetting everything we went through as a family and just looking back at her firsts...her first sun bath, her first night she slept in my arms in our cozy rocking chair, her first time she lifted her head, her first encounter with cereal, then mommies home made food and then finger food. Her first bath with Grandma. The first time she sat up all alone and when she stood up in her play thing. Her first she smiled and when she grew in two teeth. Her first camping trip and airline trip. There are so many firsts, and now we celebrate her first birthday. I have learned so much as a mommy this year and can't wait for the years to come. Sometimes I get a little rumble in the tummy and remember when she kicked or rolled over in the belly. Our family has had the most amazing year with little Amelia. Hazel May and Miller Lite love their little sister. They are her protectors. I know Indi loved her so as well. He never once snapped at her. Amelia has over filled our hearts with Joy and great Happiness. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL! Mommy and Daddy love you so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has fluttered into our lives
dancing about leaving joy, laughter
and love. Happy Birthday Purty Girl
We love you so much!!! The Grandma

Angela J. McDowall said...

Happy Birthday sweet baby girl!!!

Sarah B. said...

Wow, I remember last year when we were all checking your blog patiently waiting for updates on the birth and she is already 1. Happy Birthday Amelia!