Monday, January 12, 2009

Indi is okay...

Today, as I was cleaning our windows outside, a beautiful Monarch butterfly flutters passed me. I turned to watch it soar over the pool and around the trees in the park. A sense of peace came over me and then tears filled my eyes. It was as if Indi was sending a message saying "I'm okay Mom, don't be sad." Monarch butterflies are such a beautiful creature that mean so much to me. I fell in love with them the night Straty and I were strolling around a plantation in Kauai. The night he proposed to me. Then we released them on our wedding day and Mom wrote a beautiful poem about the butterfly and read it to us. This passed year has been a crazy one, and each time I was feeling overwhelmed, I'd sit on our patio amazed in God's beauty. Then low and behold a Monarch would come flying down and dance in front of me, bringing me a sense of peace. It happened so many times, I felt it was God's way of bringing back to earth and all it's glory. Saturday, as we celebrate Amelia's birthday, we are releasing Monarch butterflies. I hope that Amelia will grow to love and understand the beauty of the butterfly and in her own life dance and flutter as beautifully and peacefully as they do. I know it will still take time to morn my baby boy's passing, but I know in my heart it was time for him to dance and flutter about in heaven. I know in my heart God has a special place for these amazing furry friends. They serve such an amazing purpose on earth, why wouldn't he want something so special with such unconditional love in heaven? They are his secret angels on earth. Indi was such a blessing and a beautiful creature.

0 comments: