We did a little camping last month with the Schmitt family. That weekend Amelia had a life changing event. Ava who's only a few months older then her asked about her being in diapers. She told Amelia it was ok, because she was still a little girl and that she herself was a big girl. Well Amelia just adoring Ava, wanted to be a big girl too! Since we call her "Big Sister/Sissy" she thought she was a big girl. She told me she wanted to wear Minnie panties and "be like a big girl." Ever since that weekend, everything is big girl! "Look mommy, I can do it myself, like a big girl." She's claimed her independence and is wanting to try things on her own now. I applaud her for her confidence I don't want to not to try, but sometimes she's still my little baby girl. Last night after Disneyland, she informed us she was going to get big..."when I get older, I'm going to drive and get old....." I asked her if she'd drive myself and Auntie Sarah (who was in the car) shopping when we get older. She said yes. Even to take Auntie Sarah to get her blue hair done and Uncle Dean's fake teeth. My little girl is getting BIG!!!!!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment