Sunday, August 8, 2010

Final days of nursing...

Welp, I'm winding down to my final days as a nursing "pumping" mommy. It's a sweat farewell but sad too. I dried out at 9 months with Amelia and thought I had failed as a mommy. I tried vitamins and everything under the sun to keep my flow going, but it wasn't happening. Two nights ago, Straty's parents took me to Whole Foods to buy formula. I ran into a Dula (probably not spelling it right) who said "oh no, don't even buy the formula or you're going to use it." She picked out the herb teas for nursing mommies. For two days I drank A LOT of tea. No increase in supply and the stress of Stephanos not getting enough milk kicked in, oh along with pain. You see, this same lovely lady said "keep him on the boob as much as possible." Last night at 11pm when he bit me with his new teeth, REALLY HARD!!! That was it, no more "boob." (hate that word now, not because of this though.) Anyway, Cyn went to the store today and bought the formula. I'm so proud of my son, he took it like a champ and made me feel less guilty. He looked at me like, it's gonna be okay mommy. He such the lover! Thinking positively, I will be gaining about 3 hours of my day back, not counting the heating of breast milk and cleaning the equipment. That's huge, because the "mommy, please don't make baby milk, play with me," is killing me. I'm also hoping to focus hard on getting rid of some baby phat now. It's a good thing. I have been pregnant or pumping for almost three and a half years now, minus 5 months somewhere in between. I wonder what will happen to this body? Could it get any worse?:) I have enjoyed these past years, even though at times I'm selfish and wish I had my old body back and a little quite time, but I wouldn't trade the "I wuv u mommy, I'm ur girl!" for nothing!!!!! Or that big ole loving smile from my son. I'm looking forward to what our next phase of motherhood looks like!!!!


Tonight we had a wonderful dinner with Auntie Carol & Uncle George, Uncle Jimmy, Cousin Tommy, Mr. and Mrs. Ellis, Cyn, and Straty's parents. We went to Toscana a fabulous Italian restaurant. Amelia and Stephanos enjoyed the attention and love from their East Coast family. Uncle George gave Stephanos his bottle and held him for a long time! Stephanos of course enjoyed it. I have to tell you this...when we returned home, Uncle Jimmy handed me a folded up $ bill and said "buy the girl a bathing suit with this." I hugged and thanked him and stuffed it into my pocket. Later tonight I cleaned out my pockets and there was a hundred dollar bill. I thought that was so cute: "buy her a bathing suit." He so precious. I just love watching the kids with family. Amelia was a pistol with cousin Tommy! She had such a fun time hiding from him. Cousin Tommy with Trouble, just like his Uncle Nick!!!! Amelia is still putting spoons on her nose, thanks Uncle Nick!!!! xoxo Tomorrow we head to Jersey City. Girls on the road!!!!! Pray the coolant stays in the car.

0 comments: