Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wedding of Vinnie and Keri

Straty was best man for Vinnie and Keri's wedding last night.  He took joy in his role and supporting one of his closest buddies.  
The Happy Couple......

Straty making one of his crazy toasts.  Which was really good.  Amazing, even in a toast he manages to compare golf is like marriage.  
I got to do a reading during the ceremony.  Wouldn't you know, with my luck as soon as I stood up from my seat, my shoe strap broke, leaving one shoe drag behind me as I started to walk, since the other strap was still attached to my ankle!  I walked tippie toe to where we were to stand and read.  I read and then tippie toed back.  I couldn't believe it!  Thank goodness many didn't notice, and that I had an extra pair of shoes in my purse!!!  Yes, my purse is that big!  Then I got to say a blessing/prayer before dinner.  How is it I had two speaking roles.  I can barely make a good conversation:)  I was honored.  I met the clergy who did the wedding.  We realized that I did a few ceremonies with her husband.  She gave me her card and insisted I contact her if I ever do One Fine Day by Jen again.  She'd put me on their international blog and allow me to give weekly advices to brides as advertisement for a while.  I thought that was pretty cool!  Some day I will be J Lo again:)  I'll have my bridal tool belt, my fun suits and crazy shoes:)  But for now, I'm lov'n my boss.  She's not a bridezilla, like a few I've married in the past.  

And may they live happily ever after....Congratulations you two!  Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your special day!  

0 comments: