Sunday, April 12, 2009

What a beautiful Day.





















I was a bit emotional today. First and foremost for my heavenly Father giving his son to die for my sins, for me? How can that be? I can't even imagine his love and his pain. The overwhelming love for us and how his heart must break for those who don't call him Father, who don't recognize his love, who don't accept him. I can't imagine life without his unconditional love. "Open the Eyes to my Heart Lord, I want to see you...I want to see you."

Last night I was putting together Amelia's Easter basket, and I just couldn't believe my life. I am so fortunate to have such an incredible little girl and another child on the way, a loving husband, such a supportive and incredible family and for the things the Lord gives, like our home, our cars and my hubby's job. Thank You Jesus. I couldn't believe that one day I'd be making an Easter basket for my very own child. This morning as Amelia played with her basket I was taken back to my Grandma and Grandpa's house where all the grandkids would hunt for easter eggs, in hope to find the egg with the quarter in it! The smell of Kraft mftg, along with the beautiful scent of the huge lilac bushes behind their house. Kids running around along the rock covered driveway and in the backyard. How much fun we had with family. Now we are in a different phase of our lives where we are the parents and mom and dad are the grandparents. We headed over to mom and dad's today and they of course hid eggs full of "YUM" as Amelia would say. She got the hang of the easter egg hunt. After finding all the eggs, which she really did look for and find, she decided to put some of them back and then get them again. After the Easter Egg hunt, there was a butterfly hunt. There were butterfly stickers placed along the walls, leading Amelia to her Easter basket. We all got one! Thanks mom and dad!

We worked up an appetite with all the hunting and croquet playing! The food was D'Lish! Dad was wicked at croquet! Missy won the Easter Egg competition. She even beat Baby power Egg, Amelia! Congrats Missy! Amelia stood on her own for over 2 minutes! She kept Auntie M and Grandma mov'n. I could go on! What a day. I just can't believe how so fortunate we are. To be able to freely celebrate Christ, to be with our growing family and to be surrounded with such love.

0 comments: